[Resolved] How to add Slideshow to my theme?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to add Slideshow to my theme?

Home Forums Support How to add Slideshow to my theme?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    watc

I want to integrate Meta Slider with GP theme, [instead of copy and paste meta code to my post].

I read Meta Slider Documentation here http://www.metaslider.com/documentation/theme-integration/
    it talks about how to integrate meta slider with popular themes, but no mention of GP. Can you tell me how can I do that?

I want slideshow under navigation menu(main-menu). Then under slideshow, I want my recent posts appear.

Here is my website so far http://watc.a2hosted.com but I want it to look more like this old one: http://watc.org/

Thanks in advance!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

To show a slideshow using metaslider under the menu, I highly suggest using GP Hooks or the Page Header addon.

GP Hooks if you want it side-wide, and the Page Header addon if you want it on a specific page.

Either way, you’ll just have to add the shortcode into the area, and it will work.

To show the slideshow above your posts, I would use the After Header area in GP Hooks, with this code:

<?php if ( is_home() ) : ?>
          [metaslider id=123]
    <?php endif; ?>

Hope this helps πŸ™‚

watc

Thanks for quick response, I will try all options above. If I’ll need further help I will post again.

Since, almost every website need a slideshow, I wish you had a dedicated slideshow add-on or widget, so we could easily place it where-ever we wanted, such as; above content,homepage, sidebar, etc.

thanks again.

watc

I think I couldn’t explain my need clearly enough to you. All I need, is a slideshow on top of my content on homepage only.

What I did, I created a page and named it “Home”, (its not on menu, its hidden) and I changed my static page to that “Home” Page. Now, I want to insert meta slider code to that home-page and display it on top of my content. I think I am making it more complicated.

watc

“…and the Page Header addon if you want it on a specific page.”

Yes, I want it on a specific page, which is my home page. How can I insert it using Page Header?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The best way to do this is the Page Header addon.

Once it’s installed and activated, go to “Pages” and click on your homepage.

There will be a “Page Header” metabox below the text editor.

You’ll see a “Content” tab – click that tab, and paste your slider shortcode into the textarea.

Save, and you’ll be good to go – it will show your slider above your content on your homepage only.

Let me know if this helps or not πŸ™‚

Dee Broughton

I’m struggling with this, too. I feel like I must be missing something simple.

Here on a single page, where I use the slider with the page header option it works as expected, but I don’t want it on a single page.
    http://goodwriting.guru/types-of-depression/

I want it on the front page set as your latest posts, here.
    Here with the front page as latest posts, I have used the if home/GP hooks option and the slider is there, but I can’t figure out how to make it inside container so that my sidebar is up next to it.
    http://goodwriting.guru/

I feel like I need to either do something to move the sidebar up OR change the latest posts to show up on a page, but I can’t figure it out. Help?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dee,

There is a hook in GP inside the main content container, but it’s not added to GP Hooks yet.

I just added it, so it will be available in the next version coming out very soon.

I’ll update this thread when the release is available πŸ™‚

Dee Broughton

That’ll be useful for a lot of people, I’m sure.

You know, I’ve learned so much from using GeneratePress and having access to your support forum. It’s a great service you’ve got here. Thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m just happy that people are using and enjoying my theme πŸ™‚

Also, if you’d like to get the new hook right away, drop me an email and I’ll give you the updated files to replace.

Thanks!

Sander Bloem

Hi there!

1)Im just trying the same thing adding a metaslider after the page header or after the mainmenu but it keeps sticking to the “WPheader” i pasted the php script written above but it won’t work..

2)It would be nice that the banner or slider stick to the “home” page and not at the blog page.

hope you can help me

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Sander,

Is your homepage a blog?

If not, the Page Header add-on would work perfectly for you.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.