[Resolved] How to make this?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to make this?

Home Forums Support How to make this?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KEvin

Hi Tom (or somebody else),

How can I make this lay-out (see URL) in this theme: Generatepress:
    http://nl.tinypic.com/r/143q8gj/8

It is the meaning that it is a one page website, just as the picture shows. So NO navigation.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Kevin,

I think your best bet would be to use the Page Header addon for the contact form/posts.

Then you can use this code to separate them into columns:

<div class="custom-top-container-area grid-parent">
          <div class="grid-30">
                Contact form shortcode in here
          </div>
          <div class="grid-70">
                Posts in here
          </div>
    </div>

I’m in the process of developing a plugin to display posts, but it’s not ready yet, so you may have to search around for other plugins that allow you to display posts using shortcodes.

Hope this helps.

KEvin

You mean the contact form in the page header? Isn’t the page header too wide or do you mean I have to change the width then?

I have the contact form now in the left sidebar widget I paste the shortcode in the text widget.
    The problem is that the contact form is too wide for the left side bar widget.. How can I make the left sidebar wider?

I also have the review 1 and review 2 block displayed in the footer and that worked well.
    I am working on the image and text block in a post I think that works well too.

The other problem is the ‘TEXT AREA’ block. How can I get that extra text block on that position on the page?

KEvin

”The problem is that the contact form is too wide for the left side bar widget.. How can I make the left sidebar wider?”

This was just adjustable with the element spacing add on. So this is solved.
    Would appreciate if you would take some time for the other questions. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, afraid I’m confused.

I mentioned using the Page Header because that’s what your drawing looked like.

Using the code I provided would split the page header into two different areas, so it wouldn’t be too wide for each column.

“The other problem is the ‘TEXT AREA’ block. How can I get that extra text block on that position on the page?” – I’m not sure what you mean by this?

KEvin

If you take a look at the picture I send, there is a block named ”TEXT AREA”. But I don’t know how to make this ‘extra’ content block. The rest of the picture is already done, but only that TEXT AREA block is missing and I don’t know how to put it there..

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Kevin,

That text area should be your default WordPress editor if you’re using the Page Header addon for the stuff above it.

Then the reviews below that could use the footer widgets.

Let me know if that makes sense 🙂

KEvin

Hey I know what you mean and I changed it but this how it looks like now:
    [IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/1042clt.png[/IMG]

This is not what i supposed to look like. It must be 2 columns, but separate. So 2 separate blocks. In the left block the contact form and in the right block the information with images (see image I send a few days ago).

Is this possible with the page header?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, that’s actually quite difficult to do – you’ll notice not even the footer widgets are in separate blocks. I’ll think about the best way to do this.

For now, I can fix the fact that the background isn’t going all the way down – you can use this code:

<div class="custom-top-container-area grid-parent clearfix">
          <div class="grid-30">
                Contact form shortcode in here
          </div>
          <div class="grid-70">
                Posts in here
          </div>
    </div>

Let me think about the separate container thing.. There should be a solution.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.