[Resolved] Remove Post Titles

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Remove Post Titles

Home Forums Support Remove Post Titles

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Akowuah

Good Day,
    I have double titles appearing on posts. I was able to install Toggle the title to get ride of the double titles on pages but not on posts. How do I disable the generatepress version of the Post Titles so that the original page headers/title (h1) remain? Otherwise I have to manually remove like 90 or so titles for my client.

Here is a page that has a double title. had to manually remove the ones on other pages.
    http://www.coinmortgage.com/invest-real-estate-canada/

Thanks πŸ™‚
    SPence

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This CSS should work for you:

header.entry-header {
          display: none;
    }
    Daniel Akowuah

Hi Tom,
    Good try that worked but that also removes all post titles completely on the Blog page that shows the exerpts. Here is the blog page without the css applied: (Titles disappear when css is appied:

http://www.coinmortgage.com/category/mortgage-investing-blog/

Daniel Akowuah

Did some more tests. The Generatepress h1 titles are displaying only on new posts now… That means I can disable Headline / Post Title from within the post itself on all new posts.

Daniel Akowuah

I was wrong… Cannot remove double titles no matter what. Still showing up on new posts. Disabling Headline / Post Title within a single post causes ALL the post titles on the Blog Excerpt page to disappear… Must be a major clue.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ok, try this:

.page .entry-header,
    .single .entry-header {
          display:none;
    }
    Daniel Akowuah

I think that worked Tom… I can now attempt the template on the bigger website.
    Thanks so much!
    Spence

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Daniel Akowuah

Actually I ended up with duplicate and missing title on pages and posts. The only solution was to manually disable page titles using the generatepress disable elements feature. For posts, the only solution without one issue or another was to add the following custom css using Easy Custom CSS plugin:

.single .entry-header {
    display:none;
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm very weird – is all working as it should now?

Daniel Akowuah

Yes Good To Go πŸ™‚
    Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.